CAREERS: Desktop Publishers
Updated: Jul 8, 2019
Desktop publishers typically do the following:
· Review text, graphics, or other materials created by writers and designers
· Edit graphics, such as photographs or illustrations
· Import text and graphics into publishing software
· Integrate images and text to create cohesive pages
· Adjust text properties, such as size, column width, and spacing
· Revise layouts and make corrections as necessary
· Submit or upload final files for printing or online publishing
Desktop publishers use publishing software to create page layouts for print or electronic publication. They may edit text by correcting its spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Desktop publishers often work with other design, media, or marketing workers, including writers, editors, and graphic designers. For example, they work with graphic designers to come up with images that complement the text and fit the available space.